Adding bananas to your breakfast menu is a must for anyone who wants a shot of potassium in the morning. The best banana french toast recipes combine fresh bananas with a sweet and creamy batter that gives your french toast with bananas a delicious crunch.
4 large eggs
1 cup of heavy cream
1 teaspoon finely ground cinnamon
8 tablespoons butter, divided
8 large croissants, sliced in half
1/2 cup dark corn syrup
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup maple syrup
1 cup chopped pecans
6 ripe bananas, halved crosswise and lengthwise
1 teaspoon rum extract
1. Whisk together heavy cream, eggs and cinnamon.
2. In a large skillet, heat butter until melted.
3. Dip croissants in egg mixture until well coated
4. Add croissants to hot skillet, cooking 2-3 minutes on each side or until browned. Set aside or place in oven set on warm.
5. In large skillet, combine pecans, maple syrup, brown sugar and corn syrup. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for three minutes. Add bananas and rum, mix thoroughly to coat.
6. Spoon banana mixture over french toast slices. Serve warm.
This post was republished with the permission of our friends at Noosh Catering, a Brisbane caterer. Check out the original article here.