Barazushi is simple, easy to make and tasty!
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
4-5 dried Shiitake mushrooms
1 small carrot
1 small Bamboo shoot
1/2 cup Dashi
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp Mirin
2 tsp sugar
1 cup Sushi Rice
8 snow peas
- Hydrate dried Shiitake mushrooms for 20 minutes, squeeze out water then cut them thinly.
- Cut carrot and bamboo shoots into small pieces.
- Boil Dashi, soy sauce, Mirin, and sugar, add all the vegetables (except snow peas), and cook at medium heat for 10 minutes until the liquid is almost evaporated. Let it cool.
- Mix the Sushi rice and cooked vegetables.
- Serve with Kinshitamago, Roasted Seaweed, sliced snow peas, and pickled ginger.
This recipe is from Archie who originally posted his recipe here on Recipe Yum