A classic french toast recipe with vanilla and cinnamon, this recipe combines the sweetness of challah bread with the slightly nutty cinnamon flavor for the perfect breakfast combination.
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
2 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp butter
4 large eggs
1/4 cup whole milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
8 slices challah, or if unavailable, brioche
1/2 cup maple syrup, warm
1. Mix together cinnamon, nutmeg, milk, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
2. Dip egg slices in milk mixture, coating evenly.
3. Melt butter in skillet on medium heat.
4. Add slices to skillet, browning on each side, about three minutes
5. Serve with warm maple syrup
This is one of the best cinnamon french toast recipes available, and using challah or brioche means that you will have a thick slice that will hold up to the batter and not tear during cooking. The thick crust on these breads also gives the toast a delicious crunch, and is great for soaking up pure maple syrup.
This post was republished with the permission of our friends at Noosh Catering, a Brisbane caterer. Check out the original article here.