If you are a fan of blueberries, then make them a staple of your breakfast feast. It can be hard to find a recipe for blueberry stuffed french toast, but once you find one you love, you’ll stick with it and make it your go-to dish.
8 large eggs
1 1/2 cups whole milk
1 1/2 cups half-and-half
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon finely ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
12 slices day-old french bread, Texas toast bread or other thick-sliced Italian bread
1 eight-ounce container of cream cheese
2 cups of fresh or frozen blueberries
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup room temperature butter, unsalted
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1. Spray a rectangular baking dish with non-stick spray.
2. Combine eggs, milk, half and half, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
3. Line pan with half of the slices of bread, top each slice with a generous helping of cream cheese. Sprinkle blueberries on top of the bread.
4. In a small bowl, combine cinnamon, brown sugar, maple syrup and butter. Spread the mixture on top of the remaining slices and place on top of the cream cheese topped slices.
5.Take the milk and egg mixture and pour it over the bread slices.
6.Cover pan with aluminum foil and refrigerate for at least three hours, preferably overnight.
7. When you are ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Bake uncovered until bread is puffed and golden brown, about 45 minutes. Serve your stuffed french toast blueberry with warm maple syrup.
This post was republished with the permission of our friends at Noosh Catering, a Brisbane caterer. Check out the original article here.